Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I wish I may, I wish I might...

Okay, so I recently realized that I have never won a single contest I have ever entered. When I was in third grade, my teacher even held a contest to win this awesome furry pencil case. All we had to do was draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I wanted that fuzzy pink pencil case so badly, so I dilligently began brainstorming. "What do you want to be, Tina?", I thought to myself. Then I remembered what my mama had always told me. "Be what you want, as long as you're happy." That was it. I wanted to be happy when I grew up! So I drew myself in a green dress with the biggest smile on my face. I finished up and handed in my paper. My teacher then asked me "So Tina, you want to be a fashion designer!?" That's when I corrected her and told her I wanted to be happy. I will never forget her response. "Tina, being happy doesnt make money."

That really hurt my feelings. Of course I knew I'd need a job when I got older, but at third grade I had no idea what I liked or wanted to be. I just knew I wanted that furry pencil case more than anything in the world at that moment.

Well, my friend Katie got the pencil case. She wanted to be a Veternarian. She flaunted that pencil case in my face for weeks. Oh well, life goes on.

SO! I am using this blog to just write out a list of things I want.
Sure, I'll probably never get anything on this list, but I'm okay with that.

Thanks for reading!!

<3T

No comments:

Post a Comment